Senior Friendship Centers is an equal opportunity employer. We prefer non-smoking applicants. Pre-employment drug testing is required.
Paid Time Off
403(b) Thrift Plan
Direct deposit of paychecks
Benefits including Medical, Dental (Full time employees - greater than 32 hours). Cost to employee will depend on plan selected ). Additional benefits available.
Senior Friendship Centers only accepts applications for open positions as posted below.
Please send cover letter and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Controller
FLSA: Exempt Department: Fiscal
SFC is seeking an enthusiastic individual with excellent understanding of accounting principles to join our team as a Controller. This position will require a detail oriented individual with critical thinking skills and ability to perform duties with limited supervision. Successful candidate will be comfortable in a dynamic environment and
Reports To: CFO - This position has high visibility within the company and works closely with and reports to the CFO.
- Detail orientation and computer literacy required.
- High functioning in Microsoft Excel application, creating and entering data
- Must have solid foundation of Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Adherence to internal controls, as well as identifying and creating where necessary, internal controls while performing duties
- Data entry for multiple cost centers with varying business year-end dates is customary.
- Ability to generate and/or prepare reports based on communicated “end results” and limited supervision.
- Ability to investigate un-reconciled differences and resolve in a timely manner
- Supervise, instruct and provide training for a six position fiscal department, including payroll, accounts payable including payroll, accounts payable & accounts receivable, billing, and financial analyst.
Responsibilities (will include, but not be limited to):
- On a daily basis; verify and validate proper accounting for multiple program operations. Verify general ledger account coding.
- Research and resolve any improper accounting in accordance with GAAP and make adjusting entries. Focus will be on proper revenue recognition and expense allocations.
- Oversee bi-weekly payroll, grant invoicing, client billing, and program budgeting to ensure accurate and timely submission and tracking.
- Prepare and analyze program/agency financial statements for accuracy and early identification of variances.
- Maintain reporting requirements: monthly to program areas, quarterly to Executive Management/Board, and annually for auditors
Education, experience and training: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, with a minimum of 5 years experience in similar position. Experience: Must have 3+ years of experience in supervising Accounting staff. Experience in preparing schedules for an A-133 Single Audit. Software experience must include ADP payroll, Sage Accounting or Fundware, and Microsoft Excel.
EOE/Drug Free Workplace. E-mail resume or letter of interest to: email@example.com